Which is better for me, RefWorks or Flow?
Flow is better at:
- Managing documents. You can drag and drop files into Flow.
- Adding highlights and notes to documents (RefWorks can't do it)
- Saving web pages without ads
- Pulling citations from web pages or uploaded documents.
- Integrating with Google Docs.
RefWorks is better at:
- Customizing citation styles (power users)
- Making global edits to citations
- Adding in-text citations and a creating a bibliography in your paper without installing the plugin for Word.
- Exporting citations to other managers
- RefWorks is the better option if you plan to use PCs in the UW computer labs for writing papers. Those computers have the Write-n-Cite add-on for Word, which is compatible with RefWorks.