Coe Library: Home
Help Desk: 307-766-3190
The William Robertson Coe Library opened in 1957 as the main library for the University of Wyoming (see a separate history of Coe Library). It has subsequently had two major additions, in 1978 and 2009 making it two and a half times the size of the original building and the largest library in the state. Highlights of the building include the following:
- Book and journal collections for all subjects, except those housed at branch libraries.
- Media Collection, including CDs, videos, microform, and kits (level 1 central).
- Popular Reading Collection (level 2 central).
- Emmett Chisum Special Collections and Reading Room (level 3 east)
- Over 135 student computers (with associated printers and scanners) located on levels 1-3.
- The Help Desk, near the main entrance, checks out books, bound journals, laptops and iPads, Prospector materials, Request It materials, study rooms, and course reserves (level 2 east) as well as answers research questions.
- Study space for about 1,500 is described in detail on the tab above entitled Study Space.
- Accessibility features are described in detail at Building Accessibility and Accessible Parking Guide; book stack aisles are ADA-compliant.
- The McMurry Reading Room (level 2 west).
- Three classrooms, two for library instruction (level 2 east) and one for University courses (level 1 east).
- Meeting rooms, one for 16 people and one for 75 people (level 5 east).
- Book & Bean Café (level 2 east).
- Offices of system-wide library departments: Access Services, Administration, Collection Development, Digital Collections, Interlibrary Loan, Library IT, Research & Instruction, and Technical Services.
- Offices of several non-library organizations: LeaRN Program (level 2 east), Writing Center (level 3 east), and the Ellbogen Center for Teaching and Learning (level 5 east).
Coe Library Video Tour
Where We Are...
Coe Library is located in Laramie and may be approached from Ivinson Avenue (limited visitor parking), 15th Street (metered and limited visitor parking), or 13th street (metered parking).
View William Robertson Coe Library, Laramie, WY in a larger map