Liaison Librarians: Services and Best Practices: About the Program
University of Wyoming Libraries
About the Liaison Librarian Program
This guide presents the main categories of University of Wyoming liaison librarian responsibilities. These responsibilities continue to evolve with the changing landscape of higher education in regard to simultaneous hyperspecialization and interdisciplinarity, changing online and face to face learning experiences, and changing user research behaviors.
University of Wyoming liaision librarians work with specific disciplines in a program, department or college. Although liaison roles are flexible and vary depending on discipline, engaged liaison librarians:
- communicate effectively with faculty, students, staff and administrators in their areas
- develop partnerships between the library and programs, departments and colleges in such areas as teaching and learning, research, digital projects and scholarly communication.
- promote library services and programs
- participate in meetings and campus events as appropriate
- participate in discipline-specific organizations and associations
- facilitate problem solving in relation to library services