Research Analytics: Google Scholar and Publish or Perish Instructions
Analyzing Article Impact with Google Scholar and Publish or Perish
How do I look up citation information for an article in Google Scholar?
1. Go to Google Scholar.
2. Enter keywords to find the article.
3. Locate the article in the results list.
4. At the bottom of the entry, locate the link “Cited By” followed by a number. Click on the link to obtain a list of the publications citing the article.
How do I look up citation information for an article in Publish or Perish?
1. If you have not done so already, download and install the software at: http://www.harzing.com/pop.htm
2. On the right side of the screen, click "New." You will have three options; we recommend using "Google Scholar Query."
3. Fill in the search boxes, then click on “Lookup” in the upper-right-hand corner.
4. In the results list, check the box in the "Cites" column for the article and the metrics for that article will appear in the left-hand column.